Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A New Date


After going back and forth on this for a while, my hubby-to-be and I have decided to move the wedding date. With only two months to go, we didn't think we would be able to pull it off in such a short time. We still have to get our apartment (we are waiting for a call back, at the moment) and get new jobs. So there's definitely no extra money for a wedding right now. We pushed it back a couple more months, so now we have four months to go. Its not that much longer, but its still enough to let us save up money.

We have been going over the budget as well. We have made sure to know what important, and know that the extra details are just extra. If we have extra money, after the important things, then I will plan/buy the extra stuff. The most important things to us is photography and an affordable venue. I found some great deals, I just need the money for the deposits. So after talking much about it, we are planning our budget for $3500 plus a $2500 honeymoon. What a great challenge that will be. All I have to remind myself is to remember what's important and remember that twenty years down the line, no one will really remember all the little details.

Here begins my road to my $3500 budget wedding. If you have wedding ideas, or vendor recommendations, please let me know! Oh, and in case you didn't catch the picture above, the new date is August 26th, 2010.

---edit.
It is now changed to August 30th, 2010. The venue has weight watchers meetings on Thursdays, and I didn't realize the 26th was a Thursday.

No comments: